Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Coming Soon… the New School Year


When a friend reminds you school is starting again in a few weeks:




I love my job. Endlessly, really. But I think most teachers would agree that any time off is well deserved. Summer hits, and there are those who work a summer program (like I have done in the past), and those who rest up. Last summer I spent my time interviewing, prepping, and stressing. This summer, I was able to spend much more time focusing on the all important re-coup. 

And just as I found myself settling into the sweet summer sippin' life, I looked at my calendar and BAM: August is right there. As in tomorrow. So, this week I ventured into the building and starting revamping, reflecting, and prepping. And shopping at office supply stores. 

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but while I sat in front of the computer, tweaking last year's letters and opening expectations (a lovely distance from last year's make-from-scratch scenario), I couldn't help but feel a great sense of happiness- that little reminder of "Oh yeah, you DID pick the right profession." I have always felt that no matter how tired we are, and how much we enjoy our breaks (and are sad to see them go, as illustrated above), that deep seated excitement should still exist, even when the newness has worn off. 

Til next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment